Sunday, September 30, 2012

Clock Partners

I forgot to mention in the previous post on writing about how the students met with their "clock" partners to complete the simile activity. At the beginning of the school year, I had my students record names of classmates on a clock print-out that I learned about during an IB conference in Atlanta. I found a similar print-out on Pinterest. During this assignment, I had my students meet with their "8 o'clock" partners to work together. I've really enjoyed how each student has 12 different classmates and 12 different opportunities for collaborative work. I'm trying to make sure to schedule in chances for clock partnerships in different subject areas in my weekly lesson plans. Here is an example of the clock print-out and of students working together on this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment